June Goat Milk Soaping Class 06-10 & 06-11-2023 (Layers technique)
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
This is a beginners soap class - no previous experience needed. IT IS A TWO DAY COURSE. YOU WILL NEED TO BE IN CLASS ON SATURDAY & SUNDAY the 10th & 11th of June 2023. ***ALL SALES FINAL. NO REFUNDS. SO PLEASE BE SURE YOU CAN MAKE IT BEFORE YOU PAY.***
Classes start at 11:00am each day and class lengths vary. We recommend setting aside 3-5 hours each day incase classes run long.
Soap takes 4-6 weeks to cure. You will need to make arrangements to come back at a later date to pick up your soap. We will hold your soap up to 30 days AFTER cure. Your cure date will be discussed with you during class.
Trevor will be teaching the Cold Process method of soap making. This particular method we call the Room Temperature Method, as we do not use any external heat sources to make the soap. We let the reaction of sodium hydroxide and natural oils to heat and cause saponification. You will be learn two soaping techniques, solid color & the tiger stripe swirl technique. Want to learn additional techniques later? SAVE BIG on future classes after certification. See below for more details.
This class will be taught by Goat Milk Soaper Trevor Johns (Over 7 years of experience in goat milk soap and body product making). It will be taught at the Goat'Cha Bath & Body Shop located at 5811 Kochenauer Lane, Dover, Pa 17315.
Our soap-making classes are all taught in the “Hands On” style. Each student will be making their own soap under the guidance of the instructor. Our experience has been it is the best way to learn and get a feel of soap making. At the end of class you will leave with a batch of handmade soap you made yourself in class.
On Day One You will learn:
- History of soap making
- Goat milk soap similarities & differences to general soap making; Truth's & myths on goat milk soap
- General soaping terms & abbreviations
- How to design a soap
- Different types of molds
- Where to find the best ingredients for the best prices
- How to read, formulate, & create unique soap recipes
- Safety with soaping & working with sodium hydroxide (lye)
- How to make cold process soap
- How to insulate, cure, and store your soap
- Different ways to cure your soap
- How to package your finished soap
- Design and prepare your two soaps for the next day
On Day Two You will:
- Review cold process soap making
- Make a small loaf of solid or uncolored soap
- Make a small loaf of soap using the layer technique
- Properly label, store, & cure your soap.
You will receive and go home with the following:
- a great understanding of cold process soap making
- A batch of soap you made in class (retail value of approx. $100- $126) - all oils, additives, lye, and fragrance/essential oils are provided.
- Handout of detailed, step by step soap making instructions
- A basic soap recipe
- A certificate of completion
- A custom code to get $100 off all future soaping classes for YOU and YOU ALONE.
Want to learn different soaping techniques or brush up on your soaping?
Once you are certified in our soaping class you are eligible to attend our second-day class to learn the new technique for that month. Each month Jan-Dec we will learn a new technique with each class. Pay only $75! This still includes all your supplies!
*Class is limited to 8 students so sign up now to assure a spot. To sign up, you need to purchase the class.*
I ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS FOR MYSELF (FOR PARENTS: I GIVE CONSENT FOR MY CHILD (13 years or older) OR CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE) TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous products, materials, or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
*BY PURCHASING A TICKET ONLINE, IN PERSON, OR BY PHONE YOU ARE STATING YOU AGREE WITH OUR CLASS/WORKSHOP POLICY.
Hurry, only 5 items left in stock!